In 1996, Thawte is one of the first Certification Authority to go for the French market. Until 2003, TBS INTERNET is its exclusive reseller for the country.
Thawte is now leader on the French market and with almost 945 000 SSL & code signing certificates issued since its creation, the brand is now established in 240 countries and accounts for 20% of the global SSL market.
YOU MAY WONDER:
How is TBS Internet able to sell SSL certificates below the certificate authorities’ regular prices?
We are able to sell the SSL certificates below the certificate authorities’ regular prices because we buy a huge amount of SSL certificates, and we handle the support for them.
Is there a difference between the certificates I purchase through TBS Internet and those I buy directly from the certificate authorities?
No. The SSL certificates are the same. The only differences are that we provide better support and better customer service!
- 1996:Creation of the certification authority
- 2004:Thawte is the first CA to recognise and secure IDN (internationalized domain names)
- Thawte is the first certification authority to issue SSL certificates outside of the United States
- 2010: Thawte, being a member of the VeriSign family, is also bought by Symantec
- 945 000 SSL and code signing certificates issued since 1996
- Thawte trusted site seal is available in 18 languages
- Accounts for 50% of the french market in 1998 and for 40% of the global SSL market in 1999
Thawte's certificates :
What's more with TBS Internet:
- TBS Internet has been the first and the exclusive ambassador of the Thawte's products in France from 1996 to 2003. Its team therefore perfectly knows all the technical specificities of the Thawte certificates
- Negociated prices
- We provide fully documented technical and trading guides available in french
- The TBS "guidance option" is a step by step advices package that will help you during key phases such as the CSR request or the installation of your certificate